Course Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. By booking a course with Oneplanet Adventure, you are agreeing to abide by the following terms and conditions. If you have any questions regarding your booking or our terms and conditions them please do not hesitate to contact us on 01978 751656 or email@example.com
- BOOKING – When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept, and do accept, on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. Once a booking has been placed we will confirm the booking by email.
- PROVISIONAL BOOKING – We are happy to accept a provisional booking (simply a notation of interest in relation to a specific course without full payment being received) if however another interested party makes full payment for the course the provisional place will be lost.
- PAYMENT – Full payment must be received to guarantee a place on one of our courses. Payment can be made online, by card (over the phone or in the centre), cash or cheque. If you pay by cheque your place is not reserved until we receive confirmation that the cheque has been cleared.
- MINIMUM NUMBERS – The minimum number of participants on one of our courses is 3. If the minimum number of participants is not reached within 1 week of the course commencement, we reserve the right to cancel the course. We will not be liable for any extra costs incurred with respect to your attendance of your course. If minimum numbers are not reached we will either a) refund the full cost of your course b) provide an alternative course date
- CANCELLATION BY YOU – Any cancellation by you must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 weeks of commencement of your course, this will result in a full refund. Any cancellation by you for whatever reason within 2 weeks of your course date will result in the loss of the cost of the course. Failure to turn up to your course without informing us in writing will class as cancellation of the course and will result in loss of the full cost of the course.
- CANCELLATION BY US – We will always endeavor to avoid cancellation of a course. In the event of any exceptional circumstances beyond our control, we may have to cancel your course. Any cancellation by us will result in a full refund to yourself (by cheque), or transfer to another suitable course. We cannot be held liable for any other expenses you might incur as a result of us canceling your course. Force majeure: This means a cause beyond our control. We will not refund, nor will we pay compensation if we have to change your course because of natural disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may amount to force majeure.
- LIMIT OF OUR LIABILITY – Our liability to you in any circumstances is limited to the total cost of your course. We accept no responsibility for any damage or loss to your personal possessions. We are not liable for any failure to carry out the contract if the failure is a) due to the actions of a participant b) due to the actions of a third party unconnected with us c) due to circumstances out of our control and unforeseeable d) due theft or damage to bicycles or injury to you which occurs as a result of cycling off-road.
- BIKES AND EQUIPMENT- In order for you take part in one of our courses you will need a suitable bike (it is your responsibility to bring your bike into the centre at least 1 week prior to the course to gain a second opinion of one of our staff if you feel your bike is not suitable). If your bike is deemed unsuitable we will endeavour to provide you with one of our hire bikes at full hire bike price on top of the cost for the course. If you do not get a second opinion regarding the suitability of your bike and on the morning of the course it is deemed unsuitable we will endeavour to provide you with one of our hire bikes (the full cost is your responsibility) however if one is not available you will be unable to participate in the course and the cost of the course is non refundable. You also have responsibility for ensuring your bike is in good working order before commencement of the course. We reserve the right to prevent you from participating if your bike is not in good working order. In this case we will endeavour to hire a bike for you, for which you will be responsible for the cost.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES – All types of sport involve elements of risk and discomfort, and your booking represents acceptance of this. It is imperative that you RIDE WITHIN YOUR CAPABILITIES at all times. If you are unsure of your capabilities, you must walk when you are not confident riding. It is a condition of participation that you always wear an approved safety helmet. We take no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation. You agree to abide by the authority of the leader of the group. Any leader who deems your behaviour to be detrimental to the welfare of the group or you, may remove you from the group. We reserve the right to remove any person from a course who is deemed to be acting in this manner. We will not be liable for any refund in these circumstances. You have a contractual responsibility to act in a reasonable way for the duration of the course. Any behaviour by you which is, in the reasonable opinion of the site owner or manager or any other person in authority, disruptive or likely to adversely affect the enjoyment of other persons, will be a breach of the contract and our obligation to provide any contracted services to you will end. We take no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation in activities.
- MEDICAL – By booking, you accept that you have read and understood these terms and conditions. You must confirm that you are fit to participate in your chosen course and that you have informed us of any medical conditions affecting your participation in the course. You must notify us of any specific medication and dietary requirements at time of booking.